Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Riding for a cause

This summer my wife, Ilana, will be cycling from Vancouver to Seattle to raise money for cancer. Over the past two years Ilana has made the transition from a good weather recreational cyclist, to a committed, year round cycle commuter. When the opportunity came up to join thousands of other riders she jumped at the chance. Here's how she put it in her own words:

Dear Friends and Family,

This summer I will be taking part in a 2-day bike ride from Vancouver to Seattle called the Ride to Conquer Cancer. This is approximately a 230km ride to raise money for cancer research, treatment, and services. All donations go to the BC Cancer Foundation, a leading comprehensive institution devoted to cancer research and care.

I'm so excited to be on the road joining forces with thousands of cyclists raising money for a cause that is so important. Cycling is a huge passion of mine, and I'm thrilled to be able to use this passion to make an impact. Cancer touches so many of our lives, in so many ways, and I am eager to do what I can to help the fight.

As a participant of this ride, I am pledging to raise a minimum of $2500 in donations. Please consider helping me to meet this goal. Donations are tax-deductible, and can be made online at my page on conquercancer.ca

If you prefer to send a cheque, the website link above has printable forms that can be sent in with the cheque. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you so much.

Ilana

I'm very proud of her commitment and her choice to dedicate her time to this cause.

No comments: