Thursday, March 08, 2007

Winter is ending

Who would have ever thought that I'd be the least bit sad by that? Having gotten into cross-country skiing this season for the first time ever, I'm going to miss the ski season. Oh well, there's always next year to look forward to.

The unfortunate side-effect of warm weather (by which I mean temperatures in the 0-10°C range) is streets full of slush and a very dirty car. At least Edmonton recycles the tonnes of sand used every year to keep icy streets drivable. Here's hoping for the weather to get warm enough for cycling, and more importantly street clean enough to ride on!

My Israeli dance class at the Edmonton JCC is going fantastically well. We now have a strong base of regulars who come out every week. I'm really enjoying teaching the class which is a real learning experience for me as I learn how to teach dance for the first time. Along with tango classes with Ilana, and practices for Aviv Dancers (an Israeli dance performance group) this means I'm dancing at least three nights a week.

3 comments:

Kenny said...

Enough with the damn pussy-footing. I read your blog and I completely relate with being enthralled with someone. But, we've yet to receive a straight answer as to why don't you give us the (now trivial) source? Why do you ignore us?

Years ago, I wrote a letter to your Dad, saying how much I enjoyed the free version of Libranet, but I just couldn't afford the latest release. He sent me a full copy of the non-free version, gratis. I was absolutely shocked at the generosity.

I used and preached Libranet rather... liberally for a couple years after that.

I know you want to put this behind you, but you at least owe us this much due to our dedication to a long deprecated and pretty much obsolete project. I'm just mostly curious to how it all worked for posterity's sake.

I hope you are well, and I'm genuinely worried about your "disappearance." I work in the "industry" and I can relate to the amount of time it siphons from my life. Lame as that sounds.

Tal said...

Kenny, Thanks for your comments and concerns. I'd rather not rehash old history, I'll just leave it that I wasn't able to commit to going on with Libranet at the time.

Life has since provided me with new opportunities, and I continue to grow and learn.

The Ant Hill said...

Hi Tal, how about an update? You are way over due!I enjoy hearing about life in Canada. Hope all is well and stay warm this winter.

Ted