Saturday, October 28, 2006

Quarterly update

And, no the post title is (hopefully) not an indication of my planned frequency of updating this blog :)

I was back in Vancouver for a holiday a couple of weeks a ago. It was nice to see the old sites and sounds of my former city of residence. I somehow thought that the week would be relaxing, but with one thing and another it really wasn't. It was great to catch up with friends and spend time with family, and with all that going on a week went by pretty quickly.

I spent some time at a friend's new warehouse/shop. She spends a lot of time India, Nepal, and Tibet and has started and import business to sell some of the magnificant goods from the region. The image at right is from her warehouse.

I'm also newly engaged! Ilana and I got engaged beginning of September. It was quite the exciting event!

Work is going well. For the first few weeks I was a little frustrated that they couldn't keep me busy enough, but lately I've been decently busy which is far more enjoyable. The transition from being self-employed to working at a medium size company is a challenging one. I very much enjoy that I no longer directly deal with the business side of things, though I think that my experience in that area has been valuable to me. It's also interesting working in a company where software is not our product, but rather something used internally. Not that some of our software isn't exposed to users outside the company, but the requirements (especially from the setup and customization standpoint) are completely different than Libranet, a product that was basically off-the-shelf software. So then my exposure to the world of corporate information technology is an interesting journey thus far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With all due respect, especially with the lose of you father, why do you not realease Libranet to the community at large?

Apparently you are not going to do anything with it. So why not release it to the community at large, which is what I think you Father would have chosen in light of your not choosing (respectfully and understandably) to not continue with LIbranet?


Harry G.

hgdata@gmail.com