Thursday, September 22, 2005

Laptop goodness


So I finally did it. I ordered a Dell Inspiron 9300 today. The low down:

  • Pentium M 760 2.0GHz
  • 17" TrueLife WUXGA (1920 x 1200) screen
  • 1GB DDR2 RAM
  • 256MB DDR NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800
  • 100GB 7200RPM hard drive
  • 8x DVD+/-RW drive
The 7200RPM 100GB drives are on backorder so the laptop should take about a month to reach me. The decision on which model to go with was a tough one, but I think I made the right choice. A comparable laptop from another manufacturer would have cost a lot more than the Dell at least once an international three year warranty comes into consideration. On top of that, I got a pretty good deal on the laptop (I managed to get over $500 off the full price).

4 comments:

Daniel said...

Very nice :D.

besonen said...

i would have bought a ThinkPad T42p. best laptop around, imho.

Tal, i sent you a couple emails but haven't heard back from you. if you've seen them would you be willing to email me a quick reply saying that they made it into your inbox?

thanks,
david
-
davidb.removethese41charactersandtheprecedingdot@panix.com
-
besonen on the libranet forum

Tal said...

David,

I'm somewhat behind on emails, so you'll have to bear with me for a while :)

ThinkPad's are nice (my sister has an R32), but have the drawback of being somewhat more expensive then the Dell. Also, all the T42 models seem to have ATI video. I much prefer NVidia since they have much better Linux support.

Anonymous said...

hey Tal,

i'm still patiently waiting for your reply to my emails. would you be willing to reply by Sunday, November 20th?

peace,
david